The 2023 Portland 10 Miler returns on Sunday, April 23rd at 8:00 AM. Online registration is now open!
Important Race Information:
Bib + T-Shirt Pick-Up
We strongly encourage participants to pick up their bib and shirt on Saturday to alleviate race morning delays.
PHOTO ID REQUIRED
All participants must present a photo ID to pick-up their bib. Participants may pick-up for friends and family, but must provide a copy of the ID or a photo of the ID on their phone for verification.
Race Day Schedule
6:00 AM: Parking and Bib Pick-Up open
8:00 AM: Race Start
There are three suggested parking locations for the event, all on a first-come-first-serve basis. Arriving early and carpooling are strongly recommended.
- Recommended Option: Spurwink Services (map) is just a short 0.25 mile walk from the race start and finish, and has ample parking available on race morning. This option is strongly encouraged.
- Edward Payson Park at the Sebago to the Sea Trail entrance (map). Note: this lot will fill up early and is only accessible from Baxter Blvd. which will be shut down to traffic at 7:30 AM.
- Neighborhood Parking on Washington Ave, Presumpscot St. and the surrounding side streets. Please be respectful of our neighbors and park only in designated street parking.
There will be a designated athlete bag drop area, but the Portland 10 Miler team and our volunteers are not responsible for any items lost, damaged or stolen. You must provide your own bag. If you have items of importance or value, we recommend using leaving them in your vehicle.
A finisher’s medal will be given to all race participants.
Awards will be presented following the race to the:
• Top 3 male and female runners
• Top 3 in each age group (5 year increments, Under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+)
Awards are based on gun time. Runners hoping to win awards should plan to start in the first wave on race morning.
Strollers or Pets
We do not allow strollers or pets in the race. Sorry!
Extreme Weather Policy
Our events are held rain or shine. However, there is always the potential for extreme or severe weather conditions. Race organizers will do as much as we can to ensure the experience is as safe as possible. In the event of severe weather, the race may be delayed as race officials consult public safety officers. If there is more than a short delay, if conditions persist, or the forecast calls for extreme weather, race officials reserve the right to alter or cancel the race. We do not schedule “rain dates”. Any decision to cancel an event is done as an absolute last resort and is made collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate. In such situations, there will be NO REFUNDS as registrants accept any such risk of their entry free when signing up.
Please check the website, our Facebook page, and your email before the race for any changes or cancellations.
The flat, coastal course covers ten-miles of Portland’s most beautiful roads and paths along Back Cove, Munjoy Hill and the Eastern Promenade.
Join our mailing list below to stay up to date on all Portland 10 Miler promotions and the most current race information.
Earn extra bling (and bragging rights) by joining us at our three New England 10 Miler races.